MENLO PARK, California — Facebook, Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) reported their financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2018. Company shares plunged 19% on Thursday after executives warned that revenue growth would slow as the company focuses on user privacy.
Second Quarter 2018 Operational and Other Financial Highlights
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.47 billion on average for June 2018, an increase of 11% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 2.23 billion as of June 30, 2018, an increase of 11% year-over-year.
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 91% of advertising revenue for the second quarter of 2018, up from approximately 87% of advertising revenue in the second quarter of 2017.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the second quarter of 2018 were $3.46 billion.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $42.31 billion at the end of the second quarter of 2018.
- Headcount – Headcount was 30,275 as of June 30, 2018, an increase of 47% year-over-year.