REDWOOD CITY, California — Since EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 launched 11 months ago, players from all over the world have been playing the game more than ever before in franchise history.
“For millions of players around the world the FIFA franchise has become more than just a game – it’s as big a part of their football DNA as the teams they love,” said Aaron McHardy, Executive Producer for EA SPORTS FIFA. “It has been incredible seeing the passion from our fans at Gamescom, as thousands of players got their hands on FIFA 19 featuring the UEFA Champions League, with hundreds of thousands more seeing the next chapter of Alex Hunter’s journey. Football is a sport that can unite the world through play, and whether it be through console, mobile, competitive gaming or regional experiences like FIFA Online 4 in Asia, we are excited to find more and more ways to connect players to the world’s game.”
- EA SPORTS FIFA 18 has sold over 24 million copies to date, with players playing more than 7 billion matches and scoring over 17 billion goals since launch.
- EA SPORTS FIFA continues to be the best-selling sports video game of all-time, with over 260 million units sold across the franchise to date.
- FIFA Ultimate Team™ (“FUT”) continues to be one of the most popular modes in FIFA, and FUT 18 fans have created over 13 million clubs within the mode.
- The EA SPORTS FIFA 18 Global Series had more than 20 million players competing in competitive gaming events across FIFA 18 and FIFA Online 3, with players across 60 countries around the world.
- FIFA Mobile has surpassed 193 million installs worldwide, and in the recently launched FIFA Mobile game in China fans have played over 900 million sessions.
- FIFA Online 3 and FIFA Online 4 continue to be immensely popular across Asia with more than 115 million registered players and over 15 billion sessions played.
EA SPORTS FIFA 19* will give players the most authentic football gaming experience with the UEFA Champions League, all-new gameplay innovations, over 600 licensed teams, and many of the biggest leagues in football from all over the world including the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga Santander, Serie A TIM and the Chinese Super League
Developed by EA Vancouver and EA Romania, FIFA 19 will be available worldwide September 28th on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Origin for PC, and Nintendo Switch™ systems. Players that pre-order FIFA 19 Champions or Ultimate editions on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Origin for PC will get access three days early on September 25th**, while Origin Access Premier members on PC will be able to play the full game on September 20th. Origin Access Basic members on PC and EA Access members on Xbox One will also be able to jump into the Play First Trial on September 20th***.