STOCKHOLM, Sweden — Spotify announced its newest feature which will allow its users the ability to combine music and podcasts on the same playlists.
Spotify is the most popular global audio streaming subscription service with 232 million users, including 108 million subscribers, across 79 markets.
With this recently released, frequently requested functionality, users can build playlists of podcasts, or add podcasts to existing playlists for a mixed-media experience. Users can also set up a playlist of multiple podcasts in a row.
Your playlists could use some podcasts.
— Spotify for Podcasters (@forpodcasters) September 30, 2019
To add a podcast to a playlist on mobile:
- Simply navigate to a podcast episode you love.
- Tap the three dots to the right of the track or episode.
- Tap “Add to playlist.”
- Select a playlist you’ve already created you like to add it to.
- Or, tap to create a new playlist from scratch.
- Play around with interspersing podcast episodes with music tracks to curate hand-picked listening sessions.
- Share with your friends or make your playlists public—others are sure to love them too!
Then, once you’re ready to play hours of queued-up content, head back to “Your Library” to see all your playlists in one place under the “Playlists” tab in Music.