MENLO PARK, California — Facebook, Inc. reported financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. The social media and tech giant — posted $17.652 billion of revenue, up 29 percent year-over-year, with $2.12 in earnings per share.
“We had a good quarter and our community and business continue to grow,” said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO. “We are focused on making progress on major social issues and building new experiences that improve people’s lives around the world.”
Third Quarter 2019 Operational and Other Financial Highlights
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.62 billion on average for September 2019, an increase of 9% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 2.45 billion as of September 30, 2019, an increase of 8% year-over-year.
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 94% of advertising revenue for the third quarter of 2019, up from approximately 92% of advertising revenue in the third quarter of 2018.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures, including principal payments on finance leases, were $3.68 billion for the third quarter of 2019.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $52.27 billion as of September 30, 2019.
- Headcount – Headcount was 43,030 as of September 30, 2019, an increase of 28% year-over-year.
The tech firm estimates that around 2.2 billion people now use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger (our “Family” of services) every day on average, and around 2.8 billion people use at least one of its Family of services each month.