MENLO PARK, California — Facebook, led by CEO Mark Zuckerberg, announced it will invest $100 million this year into the Black community. through its grant program, aimed at helping out Black-owned businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to apply and receive a grant from Facebook, your business must meet the following criteria:
- Be a majority Black-owned for-profit business
- Be legally registered in a US State or the District of Columbia (US territories are excluded)
- Have between 1 and 50 employees
- Have been in business for over a year
- Have experienced challenges from COVID-19
- Plan to use the grant funds to support the business and community
Prior Facebook Small Business Grants Program applicants may re-apply, but prior grant recipients are ineligible. You do not have to use Facebook Inc. products to be eligible. The business owner must be at least 18 years old.