Anglo American Completes Acquisition Of De Beers Shareholding
Anglo American is one of the world’s largest mining companies focusing on platinum group metals, diamonds, copper, nickel, iron ore, metallurgical and thermal coal.
The company said on Thursday it has completed the acquisition of the Oppenheimer-family’s 40% stake in De Beers.
The global diversified miner now holds a 85% in the diamond producer De Beers, with the Government of Botswana holding the remaining 15% stake.
Anglo and the Oppenheimers first agreed on the transaction in November 2011. “Anglo American has paid a total cash consideration of $5.2bn, comprising the agreed purchase price of $5.1bn and a number of adjustments as provided for under the agreement,” read a company statement.
The company’s mining operations, extensive pipeline of growth projects and exploration activities span southern Africa, South America, Australia, North America, Asia and Europe. www.angloamerican.com
Short URL: http://woodlawnpost.com/?p=58425